The OSSEMOOC Tuesday Night Open Mic session (January 27, 8 p.m. EST) will focus on some of the key conversations from Educon on the topic of Professional Learning.
Click [here] to join the meeting room anytime after 7:30.
If you check the #hackpd hashtag and the #Educon hashtag, you will see some of the rich conversations that happened this past weekend at the Science Leadership Academy in Philadelphia. We want to bring your thoughts on this topic into the conversation.
3. Should school and system leadership support teachers in the design of their own learning experiences? If so, how can they do this?
4. Should schools create a culture of teacher-learner agency? (From Wikipedia, “In the social sciences, agency is the capacity of individuals to act independently and to make their own free choices”.)
5. Do you think that “Professional Development” creates a culture of learned helplessness?
1. Solving the Professional Learning Crisis
2. What Counts as Professional Learning?
3. Effective Professional Learning